Software Engineer (f/m/d) Image Handling | Remote Option
In interdisciplinary teams, we work according to agile methods on the constant improvement of our platform that originated in Leipzig and is now a global success. In addition to our three proven branches Create-Your-Own, Marketplaces and Shops, Spread Group also offers fulfilment solutions. Become a part of the Spread Group family and shape the future together with us!
Everywhere in the world, our users upload almost one million new graphics each month. In order for these to be sold at our points of sale, successful image handling is one of the essential components of our platform. This includes many different processes, such as uploading different designs, checking their quality and rendering the images for our various points of sale. Furthermore, our system should always be scalable and resilient.
The position is offered either on site at our Leipzig headquarters with flexible Home Office options or remotely from Germany, Poland or Czech Republic.
Our Tech Stack
- We use JVM in the backend and increasingly use Kotlin as well as Java
- Kotlin is currently not used in image handling, but you can change that
- Images are stored in a S3 (Ceph) and metadata in a MySQL
- We use Kubernetes, Kibana, Grafana, Rundeck, Docker… and not just as a stopgap in ads
- We have exciting plans for our image handling and are open to your suggestions on technology (e.g. Spring Boot, JUnit5, Testcontainers) or architecture (e.g. self-contained systems, bounded contexts, use of external services)
- You get excited about technology and new trends in software development
- You don’t just see Java as an island, because you already have several years of experience with development on the JVM
- You have experience with distributed systems and their challenges
- You are familiar with the web, and you are familiar with HTTP and REST
- You want to deliver high quality software using CI, CD, automated tests, and clean code
- You like trying out new things and always want to expand your knowledge
- You like working on solutions in a multidisciplinary team, and you are looking forward to learning from and with each other
- You have a good command of English and can easily communicate in English with your colleagues and in everyday working life
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of and continue to encourage the increasing diversity of our company culture and community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
- A team that communicates in short ways and deals with each other in a relaxed, cooperative manner on eye level
- Working with a scalable (microservice) architecture in the e-commerce environment
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to do your job with an option to work remotely
- Software development in an agile, modern environment with cross-functional and self-organized teams of developers, product owners, and designers
- No fixed release dates, but continuous delivery
- Inhouse software development – we are our own ”customer”
- Through code reviews, we share our knowledge, establish best practices, and continue to develop our skills
- The opportunity to attend conferences, try out new things in our Hacking Days and to develop yourself further in your job according to your interests
- Maximum freedom regarding the choice of your development environment; Mac or Linux, the choice is yours
- A pleasant environment with sun terraces, fruit for health, table tennis tournaments, and other events – and of course lots of T-shirts
- Meet-a-Spreadster and learn more about the first days as a Software Engineer at Spread Group
- You can find more insights into the Spread Group’s everyday life on kununu and Instagram
- Hiring Manager Interview (30-60 min)
- Take-home Coding Challenge (1 week)
- Technical Interview about Coding Challenge (90 min)
- Cultural Interview with Manager & Recruiter (30 min)
- Relaxing Team Socializing (30 min)
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our career portal in German or English or as a PDF document to email@example.com. Please state reference number V00-1504 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude, and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive – no matter how old you are, where you come from or what your background is. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.