Software Engineer (f/m/d) Fullstack Assortment
We work according to agile methods in interdisciplinary teams to further the development of our platform. What started as a small start-up company in Leipzig, Germany, has now become a global success story. We’re our own “customer”!
Join the Assortment team and help us modernize our internal tools. We rely on Kotlin, PostgreSQL and Vue.js to provide our employees with a modern tool for maintaining the diverse Spreadshirt product range and to replace legacy systems. In doing so, we are always striving to improve and automate internal processes.
Our Tech Stack
- We use the JVM in the backend, and in addition to Java we also use Kotlin and Spring Boot
- We use Vue.js in the frontend, besides of course SCSS
- We rely on modern frameworks, libraries, and tools such as Spring Boot, Dropwizard, JUnit 5, Testcontainers, and IntelliJ IDEA.
- We strive for well-tailored microservices and consider Self-Contained Systems to be a good architecture style
- We use Kubernetes, Kibana, Grafana, Rundeck, Docker…. not only as a stopgap in ads (really)
- We consider change to be a driving force in our development and are not afraid to question existing architectures
- You are familiar with the web, HTTP and REST are familiar concepts to you
- You have several years of experience in JVM and with the Java ecosystem, furthermore you can read and clear PHP
- Ideally, you already have experience with a current SPA framework such as React, Vue.js or AngularJS
- You are interested in contemporary technologies as well as modern trends in software development, and you are open-minded and willing discover new tools
- You are confident in working with SQL
- You have knowledge of MySQL and PostgreSQL is a plus, but you are welcome to learn this with us as well
- You want to deliver software with high quality using CI, CD, automated tests and clean code
- You are a team player and enjoy designing and developing solutions in a multidisciplinary team as well as cross-team collaboration
- Your good command of English lets you communicate with your colleagues on a daily basis without a problem.
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of and continue to encourage the increasing diversity of our company culture and community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus no matter your age, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
- A team that communicates in short ways and deals with each other in a relaxed, cooperative manner on eye level
- Working with a scalable (microservice) architecture in the e-commerce environment
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to do your job with an option to work remotely
- Software development in an agile, modern environment with cross-functional and self-organized teams of developers, product owners, and designers
- No fixed release dates, but continuous delivery
- Inhouse software development – we are our own ”customer”
- Through code reviews, we share our knowledge, establish best practices, and continue to develop our skills
- The opportunity to attend conferences, try out new things in our Hacking Days and to develop yourself further in your job according to your interests
- Maximum freedom regarding the choice of your development environment; Mac or Linux, the choice is yours
- A pleasant environment with sun terraces, fruit for health, table tennis tournaments, and other events – and of course lots of T-shirts
- You can find more insights into the Spread Group’s everyday life on kununu and Instagram
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our career portal in German or English or as a PDF document to email@example.com. Please state reference number V00-1318 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude, and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive – no matter how old you are, where you come from or what your background is. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.