Software Engineer (f/m/d) Backend Java
At Spread Group you can expect exciting tasks far away from standard e-commerce solutions. Our platform is an exceptionally versatile system and poses diverse challenges to software architecture and development.
- You improve our platform towards a scalable microservices architecture with your daily work
- You are responsible for the further development of core components and libraries of the platform, e.g. the Spread Group API
- You develop software – primarily in Java – to improve the global availability of the platform, while collaborating with other expert teams (e.g. in the area of performance and security)
- You analyze and solve problems with the help of logs, metrics, traces or debuggers, even across service boundaries.
- You organize your own work as well as the work of the team in accordance with agile methods
- You have a degree in IT or comparable qualifications
- You have experience in development, maintenance and debugging of Java services with common frameworks like Spring, Dropwizard, Hibernate, Ehcache
- You know at least another scripting or programming language, ideally Python or Go
- You attach great importance to non-functional aspects, such as scalability, resilience and performance
- Experience with Linux, Git, Docker, Puppet, Kubernetes or MySQL is an advantage
- You have a good command of English
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of and continue to encourage the increasing diversity of our company culture and community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
- A team that communicates in short ways and deals with each other in a relaxed, cooperative manner on eye level
- Working with a scalable (microservice) architecture in the e-commerce environment
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to do your job with an option to work remotely
- Software development in an agile, modern environment with cross-functional and self-organized teams of developers, product owners, and designers
- No fixed release dates, but continuous delivery
- Inhouse software development – we are our own “customer”
- Through code reviews, we share our knowledge, establish best practices, and continue to develop our skills
- The opportunity to attend conferences, try out new things in our Hacking Days and to develop yourself further in your job according to your interests
- Maximum freedom regarding the choice of your development environment; Mac or Linux, the choice is yours
- A pleasant environment with sun terraces, fruit for health, table tennis tournaments, and other events – and of course lots of T-shirts
- You can find more insights into the Spread Group’s everyday life on kununu and Instagram
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our career portal in German or English or as a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state reference number V00-1317 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude, and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive – no matter how old you are, where you come from or what your background is. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.