Software Engineer (f/m/d) Backend
As Software Engineer at Spread Group you can expect exciting tasks reaching far beyond standard e-commerce solutions. Our platform is an exceptionally versatile system and poses exciting challenges to software architecture and development. In interdisciplinary teams, we work according to agile methods on the constant improvement of our platform that originated in Leipzig and is now a global success. Besides, Bwe develop individual tools for our internal departments – and we are always looking for reinforcement!
Our Tech Stack
- We use the JVM in the backend, and in addition to Java we also use Kotlin
- We rely on modern frameworks, libraries, and tools such as Spring Boot, Dropwizard, JUnit 5, Testcontainers, and IntelliJ IDEA
- We strive for well-tailored microservices and consider Self-Contained Systems to be a good architecture style
- We use Kubernetes, Kibana, Grafana, Rundeck, Docker…. not only as a stopgap in ads (really)
- We consider change to be a driving force in our development and are not afraid to question existing architectures
- You have a lot of enthusiasm for technology and modern trends in software development
- You don’t only see Java as an island, because you have already gained experience with the development on the JVM
- You have experience with distributed systems and their challenges
- You are familiar with the web, as well as HTTP and REST
- You want to deliver high quality software using CI, CD, automated tests, and clean code
- You like to try out new things and always want to expand your knowledge
- You like to work on solutions in a multidisciplinary team, and you are looking forward to learning from and with each other
- You have a good command of English and can communicate in English with your team colleagues on a day-today basis without any problems
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of and continue to encourage the increasing diversity of our company culture and community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
- A team that communicates in short ways and deals with each other in a relaxed, cooperative manner on eye level
- Working with a scalable (microservice) architecture in the e-commerce environment
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to do your job with an option to work remotely
- Software development in an agile, modern environment with cross-functional and self-organized teams of developers, product owners, and designers
- No fixed release dates, but continuous delivery
- Inhouse software development – we are our own “customer”
- Through code reviews, we share our knowledge, establish best practices, and continue to develop our skills
- The opportunity to attend conferences, try out new things in our Hacking Days and to develop yourself further in your job according to your interests
- Maximum freedom regarding the choice of your development environment; Mac or Linux, the choice is yours
- A pleasant environment with sun terraces, fruit for health, table tennis tournaments, and other events – and of course lots of T-shirts
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our career portal in German or English or as a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state reference number V00-1520 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude, and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive – no matter how old you are, where you come from or what your background is. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.