Software Engineer (f/m/d) DevOps Infrastructure
Spread Group’s platform is an exceptionally versatile system and poses a variety of different challenges to our software architecture and development. In autonomous teams, we keep collaborating and developing both the individual components and underlying infrastructure. At the forefront here is the enjoyment that comes with using innovative technologies in a solution-oriented way. We want to offer our developers sustainable, state-of-the-art solutions so they can work efficiently and independently.
In order to further the development of Spread Group’s Private Cloud based on Linux, Ganeti and Kubernetes with us, we are looking for you to join the Platform Architecture team with immediate effect.
- You will further develop out internal infrastructure services, e.g. S3/Cloud Storage
- You will develop the CLIs and Cloud APIs
- You will facilitate the automation of routine tasks and infrastructure, e.g. Database-as-a-Service
- You will integrate standard tools (Grafana/Prometheus/Elastic Stack/Datadog)
- You have a degree in IT or comparable qualifications
- You have experience in developing with Go, ideally in the infrastructure area
- You have a basic understanding of the administration and debugging/profiling of distributed Linux-based systems and Iaas/PaaS solutions
- You attach great importance to non-functional aspects such as security, resilience and performance
- Practical experience with Git, Docker, Puppet, Consul, Kubernetes, or MySQL is an advantage, as is a willingness to learn or use other programming languages such as Java or Python
- You are open-minded towards new things and drive technological developments, but you also keep the wishes of your internal stakeholders in mind
- You have a good command of English
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of and continue to encourage the increasing diversity of our company culture and community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
We offer you
- A team that communicates in short ways and deals with each other in a relaxed, cooperative manner on eye level
- Working with a scalable (microservice) architecture in the e-commerce environment
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to do your job with an option to work remotely
- Software development in an agile, modern environment with cross-functional and self-organized teams of developers, product owners, and designers
- No fixed release dates, but continuous delivery
- Inhouse software development – we are our own “customer”
- Through code reviews, we share our knowledge, establish best practices, and continue to develop our skills
- The opportunity to attend conferences, try out new things in our Hacking Days and to develop yourself further in your job according to your interests
- Maximum freedom regarding the choice of your development environment; Mac or Linux, the choice is yours
- A pleasant environment with sun terraces, fruit for health, table tennis tournaments, and other events – and of course lots of T-shirts
- You can find more insights into the Spread Group’s everyday life on kununu and Instagram
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our career portal in English or German or in the form of a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state reference number V00-1309 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive--no matter how old you are, where you come from or what you're all about. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.