Software Engineer (f/m/d) Fullstack – Order Management
At Spread Group, we work in interdisciplinary teams according to agile methods to continuously further the development of our platform. What was initially a start-up in Leipzig in 2002 has grown into a global success story. In addition to our three proven options of Create-Your-Own, Marketplaces and Spreadshop, Spread Group also offers fulfillment solutions.
Every month, Spreadshirt receives over 100,000 orders from different points of sale. To make this possible, we develop services and tools to manage orders, process payments, generate invoice documents, and come up with design solutions with our customers in case of dissatisfaction.
Our Tech Stack
- We use the JVM in the backend, and in addition to Java we also use Kotlin
- We rely on modern frameworks, libraries, and tools such as Spring Boot, Dropwizard, JUnit 5, Testcontainers, and IntelliJ IDEA.
- We strive for well-tailored microservices and consider Self-Contained Systems to be a good architecture style
- We use Kubernetes, Kibana, Grafana, Rundeck, Docker…. not only as a stopgap in ads (really)
- We consider change to be a driving force in our development and are not afraid to question existing architectures
- You are interested in contemporary technologies as well as modern trends in software development, and you are open and willing to explore new options
- You are familiar with current standard web technologies such as HTTP, HTML5, SASS/SCSS and TypeScript
- You have experience with a current SPA framework like React, Vue.js or AngularJS
- You are familiar with the development of Java services and Spring as well as relational database systems and an ORM technology
- Ideally, you have already gained experience with automated software tests of web applications with a framework like Selenium
- You are passionate about the pursuit of quality, and you like cleaning up code, refactoring, code reviews, a good test concept, continuous delivery, monitoring, and internal tooling
- You are a team player and enjoy designing and developing solutions in a multidisciplinary team as well as cross-team collaboration
- You have a good command of English and can communicate in English with your colleagues and in everyday working life without any problems
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of and continue to encourage the increasing diversity of our company culture and community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
We offer you
- A team that communicates in short ways and deals with each other in a relaxed, cooperative manner on eye level
- Working with a scalable (microservice) architecture in the e-commerce environment
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to do your job with an option to work remotely
- Software development in an agile, modern environment with cross-functional and self-organized teams of developers, product owners, and designers
- No fixed release dates, but continuous delivery
- Inhouse software development – we are our own “customer”
- Through code reviews, we share our knowledge, establish best practices, and continue to develop our skills
- The opportunity to attend conferences, try out new things in our Hacking Days and to develop yourself further in your job according to your interests
- Maximum freedom regarding the choice of your development environment; Mac or Linux, the choice is yours
- A pleasant environment with sun terraces, fruit for health, table tennis tournaments, and other events – and of course lots of T-shirts
- You can find more insights into the Spread Group’s everyday life on kununu and Instagram
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our career portal in German or English or as a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state reference number V00-1312 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude, and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive – no matter how old you are, where you come from or what your background is. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.