Software Engineer (f/m/d) Fullstack | Remote Option
It all started in 2002 as start-up for T-shirts in Leipzig. Today, the Spread Group family consists of five brands at the core of our business model. We only print what our customers really want – when they want it. We have retained the start-up flair at our Leipzig headquarters, while continuing to keep growing into the world’s leading company for on-person self-expression. Our global operations are located at four locations – in Germany, the Czech Republic, Poland and the USA. More than 1,000 employees from 52 countries are part of this great adventure.
As Software Engineer at Spread Group you can expect exciting tasks reaching far beyond standard e-commerce solutions. Our platform is an exceptionally versatile system and poses exciting challenges to software architecture and development. In interdisciplinary teams, we work according to agile methods on the constant improvement of our platform that originated in Leipzig and is now a global success. Besides, Bwe develop individual tools for our internal departments – and we are always looking for reinforcement!
Our Tech Stack
- We develop backend services in Java and increasingly use Kotlin in the process
- We use HTML5, CSS3, React, TypeScript, Vue.js and Tailwind in the frontend
- We rely on modern frameworks, libraries, and tools like Spring Boot, Retrofit and IntelliJ IDEA
- We use tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Kibana, Grafana and Rundeck
- We strive for well-tailored microservices and consider self-contained systems a good architectural style
- We consider change to be a driving force in our development, and we’re not afraid to challenge existing architectures
- You have experience in developing Java services, and you are familiar with the JVM ecosystem
- You also feel comfortable in the frontend and bring experience in React or Vue.js as well as with HTML5, SASS/SCSS
- You have already worked with distributed systems and know their challenges
- You want to deliver high-quality software with CI, CD, automated testing, and clean code
- You develop performant, scalable and maintainable applications
- You are always open to new ways of doing things
- You weigh up possible solutions and ultimately decide on what best fits all requirements
- You are independent, well organized and set your own priorities
- You can express yourself well in English and communicate confidently
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of our diverse company culture and continue to foster this great community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus regardless of age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
- A team that communicates in short ways and deals with each other in a relaxed, cooperative manner on eye level
- Working with a scalable (microservice) architecture in the e-commerce environment
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to do your job with an option to work remotely
- Software development in an agile, modern environment with cross-functional and self-organized teams of developers, product owners, and designers
- No fixed release dates, but continuous delivery
- Inhouse software development – we are our own “customer”
- Through code reviews, we share our knowledge, establish best practices, and continue to develop our skills
- The opportunity to attend conferences, try out new things in our Hacking Days and to develop yourself further in your job according to your interests
- Maximum freedom regarding the choice of your development environment; Mac or Linux, the choice is yours
- A pleasant environment with sun terraces, fruit for health, table tennis tournaments, and other events – and of course lots of T-shirts
- Meet-a-Spreadster and learn more about the first days as a Software Engineer at Spread Group
- You can find more insights into the Spread Group’s everyday life on kununu and Instagram
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our career portal in German or English or as a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state reference number V00-1519 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude, and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive – no matter how old you are, where you come from or what your background is. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.