Software Engineer (f/m/d) Search/Elasticsearch
In interdisciplinary teams, we work with agile methods on furthering the development of our platform. What set out as a start-up company in Leipzig less then twenty years ago has now become a worldwide success. In addition to our three proven business options – Create-Your-Own, Marketplaces and Spreadshop – Spread Group also offers fulfillment solutions.
Become part of the Spread Group family and shape the future together with us!
It started with T-Shirts – but now it is so much more! Spread Group carries a wide range of base products ready to be turned into the products our customers love. As part of our engineering team, it is your job to make sure that our customers find the products they like so that we can provide them with an attractive offer. This offer will be published on our domain as well as on external channels.
- We use the JVM in the backend and have already converted large parts of the search stack to Kotlin
- Our development stack is modern and consists of Kotlin, Spring Boot, JUnit5 and Testcontainers
- The heart of our search system is a large ElasticSearch cluster
- We use Kubernetes, Kibana, Grafana, Rundeck, Docker…. not only as a stopgap in ads (really)
- We have exciting plans for our search and are open to your suggestions on technology or architecture
- You get excited about technology and new trends in software development
- You don’t just see Java as an island, because you already have several years of experience with development on the JVM
- You have experience with search and ranking systems and ideally with Elasticsearch
- You have experience with distributed systems and their challenges
- You are familiar with the web, and you are familiar with HTTP and REST
- You want to deliver high quality software using CI, CD, automated tests, and clean code
- You like trying out new things and always want to expand your knowledge
- You like working on solutions in a multidisciplinary team, and you are looking forward to learning from and with each other
- Your good command of English lets you communicate with your colleagues on a daily basis without a problem
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of our diverse company culture and continue to foster this great community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus regardless of age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
- A team that communicates in short ways and deals with each other in a relaxed, cooperative manner on eye level
- Working with a scalable (microservice) architecture in the e-commerce environment
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to do your job with an option to work remotely
- Software development in an agile, modern environment with cross-functional and self-organized teams of developers, product owners, and designers
- No fixed release dates, but continuous delivery
- Inhouse software development – we are our own “customer”
- Through code reviews, we share our knowledge, establish best practices, and continue to develop our skills
- The opportunity to attend conferences, try out new things in our Hacking Days and to develop yourself further in your job according to your interests
- Maximum freedom regarding the choice of your development environment; Mac or Linux, the choice is yours
- A pleasant environment with sun terraces, fruit for health, table tennis tournaments, and other events – and of course lots of T-shirts
- You can find more insights into the Spread Group’s everyday life on kununu and Instagram
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our career portal in German or English or as a PDF document to email@example.com. Please state reference number V00-1432 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude, and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive – no matter how old you are, where you come from or what your background is. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.