System Engineer (f/m/d)
Founded in 2002 as a student start-up, Spread Group now consists of five brands: Spreadshirt Create Your Own, Spreadshirt Marktplaces, Spreadshop, TeamShirts and SPOD (Spreadshirt Print-on-Demand). Within the newly created Spread Group umbrella brand, we operate in a highly available, Linux-based cloud environment in data centers in Europe and the USA. We rely exclusively on free and open-source software. Are you familiar with network and routing protocols as well as Unix operating systems? Great!
- You will analyse, monitor and continuously develop the Spread Group network infrastructure, as well as the related optimization of processes and systems
- You will independently detect error and anomalies, as well as develop solutions to issues
- You will ensure a 24/7 operation within the scope of our internal on-call service
- You have relevant experience as a network and/or Unix administrator (or similar position)
- You already have practical experience in dynamic routing protocols such as OSPF or BGP
- You have extensive expertise in professional system operation with all its technical and organizational aspects
- You have excellent analytical and conceptual skills combined with a strong sense of responsibility for ”your systems”
- You have a solid command of written and spoken German as well as English
- You have already worked with configuration management tools such as puppet, ansible, saltstack or chef
- You are enthusiastic about working with open-source software such as Wireguard, OpenVPN or bird
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of and continue to encourage the increasing diversity of our company culture and community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
- Extensive responsibility for Spread Group’s infrastructure
- An open and colorful company culture with flexible working hours
- Great work climate with friendly colleagues in highly motivated teams and flat hierarchies
- Utilization of modern technologies
- Wide-ranging freedom to determine your development environment; Mac or Linux, the choice is yours
- Professional development by job, vocational training, workshops and conferences
- Bright and friendly offices, a huge kitchen area and terraced roofs for mutual lunch breaks, and a lot more
- A feel-good factor thanks to free fruit baskets, water dispensers and coffee vendors, PlayStation, table football, heaps of events and – of course – a whole lot of T-shirts
- For more insights into the daily life of Spread Group visit us on kununu and Instagram
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our career portal in English or German or in the form of a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state reference number V00-1302 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive--no matter how old you are, where you come from or what you're all about. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.