Tech Lead (f/m/d) Backend – Digital Asset Management
In interdisciplinary teams, we work according to agile methods to keep furthering the development of our Leipzig-based platform that’s now successful worldwide. In addition to our three proven options Create-Your-Own, Marketplaces, and Shops, Spread Group also offers fulfillment solutions.
Our global users upload almost one million new graphics every month. In order to sell these at our points of sales, successful digital asset management is one of the essential components of our platform. This includes many different process contents, such as uploading various designs, reviewing aspects of quality and legality, data enrichment and corresponding management.
Our Tech Stack
- We use the JVM in the backend, and in addition to Java we also use Kotlin
- We rely on modern frameworks, libraries, and tools such as Spring Boot, Dropwizard, JUnit 5, Testcontainers, and IntelliJ IDEA.
- We strive for well-tailored microservices and consider Self-Contained Systems to be a good architecture style
- We use Kubernetes, Kibana, Grafana, Rundeck, Docker…. not only as a stopgap in ads (really)
- We consider change to be a driving force in our development and are not afraid to question existing architectures
- You have gained first experience in the technical leadership of a team and the implementation of technical projects and visions
- You can communicate adequately and on eye level with stakeholders and product owners as well as with your tech lead peers
- You can weigh up different technical solutions for a problem and decide on the best option
- You understand that a team consists of people with different needs, strengths and skills
- You have several years of experience with distributed systems and their challenges
- You are not an “ivory tower architect”, but you are working hands-on while implementing requirements by yourself
- You are well versed with all matters web, such as HTTP and REST
- You have several years of experience in JVM and the Java ecosystem
- You want to deliver high quality software using CI, CD, automated testing and clean code
- Knowing MongoDB would be beneficial, but you are welcome to learn it with us as well
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of our diverse company culture and continue to foster this great community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus regardless of age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
We offer you
- A team that communicates in short ways and deals with each other in a relaxed, cooperative manner on eye level
- Working with a scalable (microservice) architecture in the e-commerce environment
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to do your job with an option to work remotely
- Software development in an agile, modern environment with cross-functional and self-organized teams of developers, product owners, and designers
- No fixed release dates, but continuous delivery
- Inhouse software development – we are our own “customer”
- Through code reviews, we share our knowledge, establish best practices, and continue to develop our skills
- The opportunity to attend conferences, try out new things in our Hacking Days and to develop yourself further in your job according to your interests
- Maximum freedom regarding the choice of your development environment; Mac or Linux, the choice is yours
- A pleasant environment with sun terraces, fruit for health, table tennis tournaments, and other events – and of course lots of T-shirts
- You can find more insights into the Spread Group’s everyday life on kununu and Instagram
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our career portal in English or German or in the form of a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state reference number V00-1310 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive--no matter how old you are, where you come from or what you're all about. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.