International podcast greats such as iJustine have launched their merchandising with Spreadshop. Numerous others are waiting in the virtual starting block to spread the word on merch.
Bianca Jankovska – an Austrian freelance writer, columnist, lecturer, and social media concept developer – has recently opened her own Spreadshop. She has been publishing podcasts under her pseudonym Groschenphilosophin (German for “pennywise philosopher”) in Berlin and Vienna since 2014. In her podcast “Badass by Nature,” launched in 2019, she talks about changing career directions, and the happiness that comes with constantly reinventing ones range of tasks.
Melina Royer, digital entrepreneur and host of the “Still & Stark” podcast, can also gain additional reach and new listeners through her merchandising shop: “It creates a special bond when customers wear our messages on T-shirts and hoodies. This open commitment to our topics feels like a real appreciation of our work,” says Melina Royer, who is operating the “Still & Stark” brand alongside her husband Timon.
Marianne Gaborfi, Business Development Manager at Spreadshop, has accompanied many podcasters on their way to running their own merch shop. She knows that preparation is key when it comes to turning your merch shop into a success story: “When you open your Spreadshop, it’s important that podcasters take care of maximum exposure to their listeners. If they e.g. send out a newsletter every Wednesday, it may be a good idea to send it out on a Tuesday this time. This will make subscribers more curious about its content. Podcasters could also start a social media survey before launching the shop. What designs and what products does the community want? This kind of preparation will pay huge dividends in the end.”
- Further image material
- Collage podcast “Still & Stark” (Copyright Melanie Ziggel Pictures)
- More links
- Spreadshop by iJustine: https://shop.spreadshirt.com/samebrain/
- Spreadshop by DIE ZEIT: https://shop.spreadshirt.de/zeit-podcasts
- Spreadshop by Bianca Jankovska; https://shop.spreadshirt.de/groschenphilosophin/
- Spreadshop by Melina Royer: https://shop.spreadshirt.de/vanilla-mind/
- Spreadshop by Kassenzone.de: https://shop.spreadshirt.de/tassenzone/
- Spreadshop by 4000hertz: https://shop.spreadshirt.de/viertausendhertz
- Spreadshop by „Darf’s a bisserl Mord sein?“: https://www.darfseinbisserlmordsein.com/