(Junior) Database Administrator (w/m/d)
Our Database Operations Team is responsible for all databases, messaging and EleasticSearch live services. We administer the associated servers and services, expand the database landscape, take responsibility for optimization, performance tuning, monitoring, problem analysis and troubleshooting. In addition, we plan a future-proof development of the database and search services to reliably meet all requirements for data storage and data security.
- As the fifth member of the team, you will be responsible for the installation, administration and monitoring of the services provided by us
- You get to know our technologies and services, including PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, MySQL, MongoDB, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ and Redis and assume responsibility for the corresponding areas and services along with another team member
- You will be responsible for a large part of the support and expansion of the infrastructure and services of our Business Intelligence Team
- You will specialize in one or two additional fields of our service portfolio, and – in collaboration with another team member – will take responsibility for the corresponding topics and services
- You will be the point of contact for questions regarding database performance, troubleshooting, scaling and high availability
- You support users of our services, also solving performance problems
- You are in constant exchange with system engineers of other teams
- You organize your own work as well as the work of the team with agile methods
- You have gained first experience in handling and ideally also administration of servers and Linux systems
- You have basic knowledge of relational database systems, especially MySQL and SQL knowledge
- You have first experiences in at least one scripting language, ideally Python, Bash, Ruby or similar
- You have a good analytical and logical approach, and you are able to analyze problems and find solutions independently
- You are interested in further developing your knowledge in database administration and other current technologies
- You are not afraid to evaluate new technologies in the area of databases, ElasticSearch in order to make them work
- You are an absolute team player and can communicate well
- You have a good command of English
- You are familiar with services and technologies from the area of reporting, big data, and data analysis such as Vertica, Exasol, Penatho, Azkaban, etc.
- You have good to very good SQL skills
- You have already worked with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, etc.
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of and continue to encourage the increasing diversity of our company culture and community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
- An open and colorful company culture with flexible working hours
- Software development in an agile, modern environment with scrums, kanban, cross-functional teams, continuous delivery, and test automation
- A creative and informal working atmosphere
- Great work climate with friendly colleagues in highly motivated teams and flat hierarchies
- Vocational training with workshops and conferences
- Bright and friendly offices, a huge kitchen area and terraced roofs for mutual lunch breaks, and a lot more
- A feel-good factor thanks to free fruit baskets, water dispensers and coffee vendors, PlayStation, table football, heaps of events and – of course – a whole lot of T-shirts
- For more insights into the daily life of Spread Group visit us on kununu andInstagram
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our career portal in English or German or in the form of a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state reference number V00-1329 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive--no matter how old you are, where you come from or what you're all about. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.