Design Lead (w/m/d) UX/IX/VD Personalization Services
We at Spreadshirt put the customers’ needs at the center of our attention. Together as a team, we connect business and product visions to empower customers to express themselves with the things they wear, use and carry.
We need a true design leader who can manage and develop how we create, conceive, and build digital products and experiences. This is why we need your strong ability of visual and creative expression. However, your main focal point will be on the design of digital products with a strong emphasis on customer needs. You will lead the design team in Spreadshirt’s Personalization Services Business Unit – the largest Business Unit within Spread Group – a well-established, customer-centric department committed to creating simple, exciting, and empowering experiences for our users.
- You will drive the impact of UX/UI and Visual Design on our customers
- You will develop the Spreadshirt brand and establish a clear connection between product design and visual design, in close collaboration with the Design Lead from Spreadshirt Marketplaces
- You will improve our design process and establish a design strategy together with other Design Leads that ensures high quality results
- You will create a design vision that brings user and business needs in line, and drive forth its development
- You will be responsible for the user experience, product and visual outcome within the Personalization Services department
- You will align user needs and stakeholder needs, while maintaining a user-centric focus
- You will lead and mentor an experienced visual designer
- You will collaborate with directors, product owners, and marketers across the business unit and organization
- You will participate in user testing and analyze results with the rest of the product team and the user research team
- You will create prototypes from the first sketch to professional mock-ups and document user interface/ interactions requirements for engineers
- You will directly report to the commercial director of the Personalization Services department (the Create-Your-Own section)
- You will be a member of the product team and work closely together with Spread Group’s Design Guild
- You will employ design thinking, workshop techniques, and visualization skills to influence strategy and decision making across the business unit
- You have excellent interaction abilities and visual design skills
- You have at least worked in a web-design environment for 5 years, and at least 3 years of those in product design
- You have proven experience of combining a customer-centric mindset with business goals
- You have already developed a visionary product concept through to its implementation in an agile environment
- You have gained experience with prototyping as a means of exploring and conveying design solutions
- You have a pragmatic approach to developing design ideas with teams of designers, business leaders, and engineers
- You have an outstanding portfolio showcasing a solid foundation in typography, interaction, and visual design
- You have a strong commercial focus
- You can speak and write in English excellently
Nice to have
- Agency experience is a plus
- Some experience working with user research (ethnography, contextual interviews, setting up user test goals)
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of and continue to encourage the increasing diversity of our company culture and community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
- High levels of responsibility and career development opportunities
- An open and colorful company culture with flexible working hours
- A lot of room for your ideas in a relaxed work environment
- Great work with friendly colleagues in motivated teams and flat hierarchies
- Continuous training with workshops and conferences
- Bright and friendly offices, a huge kitchen area for mutual lunch breaks, terraced roofs and a lot more
- A feel-good factor thanks to free fruit baskets, water dispensers and coffee vendors as well as PlayStation, table tennis & table football, heaps of events and – of course – a whole lot of T-shirts
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our career portal in English or German or in the form of a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state reference number 1268 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive--no matter how old you are, where you come from or what you're all about. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.