Director Software and Systems Engineering (f/m/d)
As a Director of Software and Systems Engineering at Spread Group, you will manage managers and teams that build software solutions. These include frontend UX, backend business logic, databases and API’s relevant for our production units, e-commerce and our Partner Business. In this position, you will report directly to our CTO and will be responsible for about 10 to 12 managers.
- You will supervise the full lifecycle of team management to attract, engage, retain, coach, and manage team performances to aid exceptional engineers and managers (e.g., mentoring, recruiting, training and development, performance evaluation)
- You are able to provide guidance throughout your outstanding experience with technical and architectural direction for the development, design, integration, testing, and maintenance of our platform
- You team up with stakeholders to ensure the teams’ contributions are aligned with the company’s objectives while organizing realistic product release schedules
- You will collaborate with the Product Management team to develop technology roadmaps according to strategic objectives in order to establish and communicate realistic product release schedules
- You will lead agile software processes for engineering teams and introduce best-in-class industry practices
- You will manage technical debt to ensure our development velocity stays responsive and predictable while minimizing production incidents of our operations
- You will coordinate the execution of these activities with cross-functional teams within and outside the Spread Group
- You love the idea of coaching and building leaders (both within your team and at the senior engineering leadership level)
- You have a passion for enabling and motivating people to do their best
- You have a track record of managing managers and multiple technicians
- 5+ years of experience with technical leadership and people management ( >= 6 direct reports)
- 10+ years of experience with software engineering
- Comprehensive experience in designing, building and deploying services of a secure, scalable and centralized nature
- Proven experience in working cross-functionally and you impress with your strong business and customer oriented approach
- Experienced in managing third-party teams and staff working remotely
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of and foster our diverse company culture and community. Your skills, talents, and experience are all that counts, regardless of your age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
- A very high levels of responsibility and autonomy
- An open and vibrant company culture with flexible working hours
- A creative and informal working atmosphere
- Great company atmosphere with friendly, international people who are highly motivated to work in flat hierarchies
- Bright and friendly offices, a huge kitchen area for mutual lunch breaks, terraced roofs, and a lot more
- A feel-good factor thanks to free fruit baskets, water dispensers and coffee vendors as well as PlayStation, table tennis & table football, heaps of events and – of course – a whole lot of T-shirts
- Professional development and attendance of conferences or external trainings
- Support in acquiring a working visa and relocation
- For more insights into the daily life of Spread Group visit us on kununu and Instagram
We look forward to receiving your application in English or German and by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state reference number V00-1241 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive--no matter how old you are, where you come from or what you're all about. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.