Head of Engineering (w/m/d) Digital Asset Management
Worldwide, our designers upload almost a million graphics every month. To ensure an easy customer experience up to the point of sale, we rely upon a highly skilled Digital Asset Management team to keep our online platforms running smoothly. This involves different processes including uploading, storage, the presentation of designs, their qualitative and legal verification, data enhancement, management and searches. As the Head of Engineering in Digital Asset Management you will be responsible for the technical development of these processes. Together with our engineers and product owners, you will ensure the development of high-quality, scalable and efficient software solutions as well as any relevant development methods.
In this position you will report directly to our CTO and will be responsible for 4 teams comprised of 11 engineers.
- You will supervise of the entire team lifecycle management (e.g. mentoring, recruitment, training, development and performance evaluation)
- You will further develop and setup the team according to our vision for the organization of your domain
- You will be responsible for the creation, documentation, and maintenance of efficient, sustainable software architectures and integrations
- You will work closely with stakeholders and product owners to align the development of our teams with business objectives
- You will build and standardize agile processes and practices for the development teams
- You will identify technology trends and evaluate their applicability within Spread Group
- You can draw on many years of experience in leading developer teams
- You are an effective communicator and problem solver who can handle responsibility and show your own initiative
- You can be a leader and an inspiring motivator who excels in developing a team
- You have in-depth knowledge of the design, building and application of secure and scalable services
- You impress through your distinct business and customer-oriented approach
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of our diverse company culture and continue to foster this great community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus regardless of age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
- A very high level of responsibility and independence
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to do your job with an option to work remotely
- An agile, modern environment with cross-functional and self-organized teams of developers, product owners, and designers
- Highly motivated teams working with a scalable (microservice) architecture in the e-commerce environment
- No fixed release dates, but continuous delivery
- Inhouse software development – we are our own “customer”
- The opportunity to attend conferences and develop yourself further in your job according to your interests
- Maximum freedom regarding the choice of your development environment; Mac or Linux, the choice is yours
- A pleasant environment with sun terraces, fruit for health, table tennis tournaments, and other events – and of course lots of T-shirts
- Meet-a-Spreadster and learn more about the first days of a Software Engineer at Spread Group
- You can find more insights into the Spread Group’s everyday life on kununu and Instagram
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our career portal in German or English or as a PDF document to email@example.com. Please state reference number V00-1518 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude, and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive – no matter how old you are, where you come from or what your background is. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.