Senior Software Engineer (f/m/d) Kotlin
In interdisciplinary teams, we work with agile methods on furthering the development of our platform. What set out as a start-up company in Leipzig less then twenty years ago has now become a worldwide success. In addition to our three proven business options – Create-Your-Own, Marketplaces and Spreadshops – Spread Group also offers fulfilment solutions. We work independently, cross-functionally, and self-determined. Now we are looking for dedicated software developers at our Leipzig headquarters.
As part of the Finance and Business Intelligence Team – our in-house FBI – you will be the interface between business and accounting. You will be jointly responsible for bringing together and keeping together all business figures. Your interdisciplinary and international team has made it their mission to give all these topics a home.
- You will be part of an international development team that supports various software systems related to finance and taxes
- You will be responsible – with your colleagues from the accounting department – for ensuring that the Spread Group’s tax returns arrive on time and, above all, correctly at the tax offices throughout Europe
- You will take responsibility for our numerous business partners to have them receive their monthly commissions on time
- You will define new best practices in dealing with business figures in collaboration with our experts
Our Tech Stack
- We use the JVM in the backend, and in addition to Java we also use Kotlin
- We rely on modern frameworks, libraries, and tools such as Spring Boot, JUnit 5, Testcontainers, and IntelliJ IDEA.
- We strive for well-tailored microservices and consider Self-Contained Systems to be a good architecture style
- We use Kubernetes, Kibana, Grafana, Rundeck, Docker…. not only as a stopgap in ads (really)
- We consider change to be a driving force in our development and are not afraid to question existing architectures
- You have 5+ years of experience in the development of Spring-based microservices
- You enjoy collaborative design, the architecture and design of software in web environments, as well as the construction of stable backends
- You enjoy optimizing, structuring, and automating software and processes with suitable tools and programming
- You want to deliver high quality software
- Your analytical mindset and sound reasoning help you solve problems independently
- You are a team player and enjoy designing and developing solutions in a multidisciplinary team, but also in cross-team collaboration
- You are eager to share your broad knowledge of accounting processes, and taxes are much more than part of your pay slip to you
- You are not afraid to question and improve existing processes
- You are willing to continue learning where others have long left off
- You have a good command of English
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of and continue to encourage the increasing diversity of our company culture and community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
- A team that communicates in short ways and deals with each other in a relaxed, cooperative manner on eye level
- Working with a scalable (microservice) architecture in the e-commerce environment
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to do your job with an option to work remotely
- Software development in an agile, modern environment with cross-functional and self-organized teams of developers, product owners, and designers
- No fixed release dates, but continuous delivery
- Inhouse software development – we are our own ”customer”
- Through code reviews, we share our knowledge, establish best practices, and continue to develop our skills
- The opportunity to attend conferences, try out new things in our Hacking Days and to develop yourself further in your job according to your interests
- Maximum freedom regarding the choice of your development environment; Mac or Linux, the choice is yours
- A pleasant environment with sun terraces, fruit for health, table tennis tournaments, and other events – and of course lots of T-shirts
- You can find more insights into the Spread Group’s everyday life on kununu and Instagram
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our career portal in German or English or as a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state reference number V00-1399 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude, and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive – no matter how old you are, where you come from or what your background is. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.