Software Engineer (f/m/d) Backend Platform
At Spread Group you can expect exciting tasks far away from standard e-commerce solutions. Our platform is an exceptionally versatile system and poses diverse challenges to software architecture and development.
- You improve our platform towards a scalable microservices architecture with your daily work
- You are responsible for the further development of core components and libraries of the platform, e.g. the Spread Group API
- You develop software – primarily in Java – to improve the global availability of the platform, while collaborating with other expert teams (e.g. in the area of performance and security)
- You analyze and solve problems with the help of logs, metrics, traces or debuggers, even across service boundaries.
- You organize your own work as well as the work of the team in accordance with agile methods
- You have a degree in IT or comparable qualifications
- You have experience in development, maintenance and debugging of Java services with common frameworks like Spring, Dropwizard, Hibernate, Ehcache
- You know at least another scripting or programming language, ideally Python or Go
- You attach great importance to non-functional aspects, such as scalability, resilience and performance
- Experience with Linux, Git, Docker, Puppet, Kubernetes or MySQL is an advantage
- You have a good command of English
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of and continue to encourage the increasing diversity of our company culture and community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
- An open and colorful company culture with flexible working hours
- Software development in an agile, modern environment with scrums, kanban, cross-functional teams, continuous delivery, and test automation
- A creative and informal working atmosphere
- Great work climate with friendly colleagues in highly motivated teams and flat hierarchies
- Vocational training with workshops and conferences
- Bright and friendly offices, a huge kitchen area and terraced roofs for mutual lunch breaks, and a lot more
- A feel-good factor thanks to free fruit baskets, water dispensers and coffee vendors, PlayStation, table football, heaps of events and – of course – a whole lot of T-shirts
- For more insights into the daily life of Spread Group visit us kununu and Instagram
We look forward to receiving your application in English or German and by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state reference number V00-1179 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive--no matter how old you are, where you come from or what you're all about. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.