Software Engineer (f/m/d) Backend – Customer Service & Communications
Our Customer Service & Communications team is responsible for optimizing and automating processes within customer service as well as providing our own portal solutions for order processing and customer relationship management. Central aspects here are automated e-mail communication, connection of telephone and e-mail systems, reduction of manual process steps, and clear, transparent business process modeling.
To support our IT team and within the scope of the planned development of a customer-oriented user information system, we are looking for immediate reinforcement.
Our Tech Stack
- We use the JVM in the backend, and in addition to Java we also use Kotlin
- We rely on modern frameworks, libraries, and tools such as Spring Boot, Dropwizard, JUnit 5, Testcontainers, and IntelliJ IDEA
- We strive for well-tailored microservices and consider Self-Contained Systems to be a good architecture style
- We rely on the Camunda process engine in the mapping and execution of customer service processes
- We rely on technologies like Vaadin, D3, ES6 (polymer) for the graphical interfaces of our components
- We use Kubernetes, Kibana, Grafana, Rundeck, Docker…. not only as a stopgap in ads (really)
- We consider change to be a driving force in our development and are not afraid to question existing architectures
- You enjoy collaborative design, architecture and design of software in the web environment, as well as building stable backends
- You enjoy optimizing, structuring and automating software and processes with suitable tools and programming
- Ideally, you have already gained experience with Spring Boot and JVM-based languages and know how web applications work
- You are a team player and enjoy designing and developing solutions in a multidisciplinary team as well as in cross-team collaboration
- You have a good command of English and can easily communicate with your colleagues and in your daily work in English
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of and continue to encourage the increasing diversity of our company culture and community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus no matter your age, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status
- A team that communicates in short ways and deals with each other in a relaxed, cooperative manner on eye level
- Working with a scalable (microservice) architecture in the e-commerce environment
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to do your job with an option to work remotely
- Software development in an agile, modern environment with cross-functional and self-organized teams of developers, product owners, and designers
- No fixed release dates, but continuous delivery
- Inhouse software development – we are our own ”customer”
- Through code reviews, we share our knowledge, establish best practices, and continue to develop our skills
- The opportunity to attend conferences, try out new things in our Hacking Days and to develop yourself further in your job according to your interests
- Maximum freedom regarding the choice of your development environment; Mac or Linux, the choice is yours
- A pleasant environment with sun terraces, fruit for health, table tennis tournaments, and other events – and of course lots of T-shirts
- You can find more insights into the Spread Group’s everyday life on kununu and Instagram
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our career portal in German or English or as a PDF document to email@example.com. Please state reference number V00-1363 and don't forget to let us know about salary expectations and your earliest starting date.
P.S.: We love creative CVs, a can-do attitude, and fresh perspectives. We want characters full of ideas and drive – no matter how old you are, where you come from or what your background is. Show us what you're made of!
We would like to fill this position without support of staffing agencies.